Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Scared to believe in prayer

Today my boys started their first day of 10th and 5th grade and they for once came home happy.
Especially my youngest son and if you read my post about she hates me you would know why this is such a miracle.
Tonight I discovered something and that would be that I am afraid to trust my prayers. Let me explain.
Last year (during 4th) my youngest had the worst (what I think worst) teacher in the world. She was rude, hateful, and just downright mean to him. She would always nitpick at him for every little thing but the true trouble makers in the class got away with murder. It got so bad that sometimes he didn't even want to go back.
Well this year he came home saying he thinks his teachers are nice and he thinks he's going to have a great year. This in itself is a miracle.
Then the fact that he actually told me things about school is another miracle. Tonight he decided he wanted to be a "teacher" at home and started teaching me all about his transformers and was doing it in a school teacher/student setting. Already he's saying he wants to teach me more tomorrow.
Now why do I say scared to believe in prayer? Because even though I have prayed since October of 2011 for him to have a great teacher this year and great friends my heart is afraid to believe. Afraid because I'm scared to get too joyous now when I know that anything can happen.
However I'm going to forget that and just believe that God has answered my prayers and God really has answered my prayers.
I know too that it's not that easy but I am going to do my best to believe and encourage them everyday to find the positive in everything.
My oldest is now in ROTC and is talking about it like it's the greatest thing in the world. He's already saying he wants to do it the next 2 years as well.
I don't know where the time goes but my babies are growing up and I'm believing going to have GREAT year.

1 comment:

Ren said...

I am going to believe you will have a great year too!