Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mom, do you have a coupon?

For 2 1/2 years now I have been couponing to save my family money and to help contribute to our family's budget since I'm a full time sahm and bring in no income in whatsoever.
So anyway there have been times when my 11 year old will ask if he can have something and I'll say no and he'll proceed to ask when you get a coupon for it can I get it then?
My 16 year old has never really said much and sometimes he honestly seems embarassed that I use coupons. Oh well as I tell him you need to stop being embarassed because these coupons are what is paying for your nice new Nike's and xc fees and the majority of the things you want to do.
Yesterday he and a friend were walking home after xc practice and they ran into Walgreens and this friend bought himself and my son a Gatorade. When my son got home I told him that's fine (because we have told him before not to be taking money from people) but he would have to buy this boy a Gatorade this week.
Before practice today he asked me if I had any coupons for drinks at Walgreens and when I asked him why he said so he could buy his friend a drink.
Yes I'm guessing he is starting to realize he has gotten to do a lot over the years because of coupons. Either that or he realizes if you can't beat them you might as well join them. lol

No comments: