Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The devil made me do it

Have you ever logged onto blogger with the intent to post something positive and uplifting and you decide to not do it because you are tired and will do it the next day?
That's where I was last night. We have had a lot of trouble with my car as of late and it just seemed that one thing or another was being thrown at me and fighting with my husband on top of all of that but I decided I needed to stay positive and it would all work out.
So that's exactly what I did and thanks to some friends at church my car was fixed and I didn't have to take it to a shop, my husband sees my way on buying a second car at this time, school stuff is bought and we only need a couple more things for the boys to be complete, things are looking up and I was feeling great.
UNTIL today that is. I went to bed last night with the intent to post about how God remains faithful and if we trust in him he will provide all our needs. Then I woke this morning and for some strange reason I couldn't shake this black cloud of depression over me.
So now here I sit fighting a black cloud of the devil's depression instead of basking in the glory of God.
This is ridiculous.
All day today I have had teenage attitude and instead of handling it in a fashion that I used to be able to do I have done nothing but get stressed and upset. On top of that I keep thinking about finances when yes they are not the greatest but they are definitely not where they were at this time last year.
So this is my promise to myself that even though I may get down and out sometimes I will not let satan win.
I will trust in God and know that he has been faithful before and he will be faithful again.
I think I will go back to reading the Bible story book to the kids again too. I know in my heart of hearts that part of the problem is that I haven't been reading my Bible like I should so I need to do that too.
If anyone is reading this what book(s) would you recommend for a good Bible study? Something geared towards being a strong woman/wife/mom.

2 comments:

faith jordan said...

I usually have the opposite thing happen.. I will go to vent and bark about something and as the words begin God convicts me, gives me His peace and grace, and teaches me something new.
I am sorry you have a dark cloud over you. I really do believe that there is a spiritual warfare going on... and the devil is striking at homes. I suggest doing a study on the armor of God and on spiritual warfare.

Ephesians 6:10-13 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. "

Lord, I pray that you protect Sharon's heart. Put a hedge of protection around her home and her family. Give her your peace and grace. I thank you for her honesty in her post. I pray that you use her to reach others. Give her a heart of praise, even when things are not going well. Bind her family close together and closer to you. I thank you that you do care for us. You God are the ultimate provider. Bless her and her home. Amen

Sharon said...

Thank you :)