Friday, July 27, 2012

Remaining calm in the midst of a storm

For years I have walked this Earth as a christian and in that time I have faced many trials and tribulations. Sometimes I have handled those trials with class and a great faith and other times I will admit I haven't handled them very well.
Today is one of those times when I can say I at first started to not handle it very well but then I prayed and God gave me a peace that could have only come from him.
Backstory: I wrote the other day about the trouble with my car (short version of it I think)
The other day (July 24) we went to Jeffersonville to the outlet mall to buy school shoes for the boys and before we even left our city our car was making a weird noise (in the back near the tire and what looked like a plate had come loose) however even after checking it we decided it would be ok to go.
Today we got up and went to pay bills and such. On our way to the store to buy some cereal David (who was driving thank God) we hit a bump and apparently he heard the tire rubbing the fender.
We pulled into Frisch's to look at it and discovered that the shock had broken.
Thankfully we were not even a mile from Tire Discounters and was able to walk down there and they thankfully again did shocks. So David was able to drive it to there and they replaced both the back ones.
When they put the car up on the lift the left tire (driver side) just dropped and it was at that moment  I realized that it could have been deadly. We could have been driving and it could have flipped our car, I could have lost my babies tonight or my life or my husband's. Any number of things could have happened.
So although we had to replace both the back ones at  $587.88 and it was hard on us I am choosing to look at the positive side of it.
I could have lost my babies today. No amount of money is worth losing my babies.
I know for a fact that God provided for us today and he had his hand protecting us and had sent his angels over us the other day when we were on the highway and today as well.
I am just so thankful to God that nothing major happened.
How do I know that it was God helping us with the money even though looking at the price it seems there was no way?
1)This year I decided to put $10 a week away for myself and although I have had to use it over this last month I had it today to use.
2) I decided today of all days to take my $1s to turn in to the bank for bigger bills and "just happened" to decide to take all my money.
3) This money was what helped pay for 1/2 of todays bill.
4) The money in checking which paid for the other half was in the bank to help. If this had happened a year ago I wouldn't have been able to do that.
I believe with my whole heart that God was the one today urging me to take my money because he knew this was going to happen.
God is great and faithful.
Above all I know he was there with his angels surrounding our car because today could have been deadly. Instead of sitting here trying to type this and wonder if I should at all I could be in a hospital room praying for my kids to wake up or in a funeral home planning their funeral.
Hug your kids extra tight tonight you just never know when it could be your last day on earth. Enjoy every second with them. I sure am going to.

  • For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11
  • But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. -Isaiah 40:31

    1 comment:

    faith jordan said...

    Amen. God is so good and I think many times we don't even see or notice the things He is doing. I am so thankful that you all are safe. Praise the Lord.