Sunday, June 10, 2012

30 day challenge: day 9

List  3 people who have influenced you and describe how.

1) My mom-How can I put into words to describe the best person in my life? She struggled very much growing up and then when she got married her struggle continued but she didn't let that get her down.
She trusted God everyday  and although life around her was at times a mess she had a peace that surpasses all understanding. When she was diagnosed with cancer and given 3 months to live she fought hard and trusted God and was able to live 5 years as she said so she could get me raised and out of the house.

2)My sister Mary-She was not biologically my sister but my best friend. I say my sister because friends come and go but a sister stays by your side no matter what and that she did.
She also had some struggles in life but always had a smile on her face. She drew me out of my shyness and at a time when I wouldn't talk to anyone made me talk. I've never been a big hugger but she would hug me anyway and always tell me she loved me.
When we would talk on yahoo IM she would never get off without saying I love you sis and I would have to say it too or she wouldn't get off. People think it's weird that she was 13 years older than me and would want to hang with a "kid" but she didn't care.
She's been gone 4 years next month and I miss her everyday.

3) My oldest son Thomas- When he was 7 the doctor diagnosed him with asthma and said he would never be able to run or play like a normal kid because his asthma was so severe. Although God has healed him he inspires me because in 7th grade he went out for cross country and although some of the kids were mean to him and the coaches too and said they didn't want him on their team he didn't listen to them. He runs 6 days a week rain or shine and runs in 2 5ks a month. He  says he's going to prove everyone wrong and I believe he will.

No comments: