Sunday, June 3, 2012

30 day blog challenge: Day 2

Since I wasn't able to write anything yesterday (I do think I passed myself with as busy as we were) I decided that I could make day 2 today. So here it is.
Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

1) Rejection-Growing up my father was a very abusive man (both physically and emotionally) so I grew up knowing that I was not wanted by him and being told everyday he wishes I had never been born and if I had to be born I should have been a boy. That lead into the fact that I was very shy in school and therefore not very open to making new friends so if I made a friend and the next day they played with someone else I would automatically assume they hated me. So with that being said I'm still very shy and keep to myself a lot so I won't be rejected.

2) Failure-I think that the failure has to do with the above. Being told that I would never amount to anything.

3) Snakes-The house I grew up in the backyard ran into a creek and snakes would always somehow get into the house through the kitchen. I can remember one time standing next to fridge talking to my sister while she did dishes (I was probably 3-5) and all of a sudden a snake came out and from under the fridge and darted back under.  Scary stuff for such a little girl.

So with all that being said I have a few fears that are not exactly as deep as the first 2 but I figured I would write about ones closer to my heart. Writing is therapeutic after all. Did I spell that right? lol

1 comment:

faith jordan said...

I find writing completely therapeutic. I am sorry to hear about you struggle growing up.