Thursday, May 3, 2012

Psalms 46:10

The Bible says in Psalms 46:10 Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the Earth.
I have been having a very hard time with this because I have been praying for months upon months for a certain situation and although I see little changes here and there I don't see the big change. You know that big change that we expect God to give us right away.
Well at first I was sitting there bawling my head off about this situation again crying out to God and this is the verse that came to mind. BE STILL and know I AM GOD. So although I had no clue what it meant I decided to try it out and like I said even though I don't see big changes I do see little changes that is keeping me holding on and knowing that God will deliver.
Last night I was talking to my husband and all of a sudden it was like a light bulb went off in my head that said this: Be still and know that I am God means just that. Be still and wait PATIENTLY for me to act, to answer prayers. That's not saying that you are never going to get your prayer answered just that God wants you to wait on him to lead you. Yes God says it's ok to act because sometimes we have to do just that but if we wait patiently on God he will be our warrior for lack of a better word. He will step in and fight our battles. After all it does say vengeance is mine thus saith the Lord (Romans 12:19) (This is paraphrased sort of).
So all in all what I'm trying to say is when you go into your prayer closet to prayer it's good to talk to God about your situation because he does want to hear it but sometimes it's good to just go in there drop to your knees and say "God I don't know what to do, here I am broken and alone I need you, show me what to do". Then you listen and see what God speaks to your heart.

No comments: