Sunday, May 13, 2012

I know MY plans. Do you really?

The Bible tells us in Jeremiah 29:11-For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
 Plans-As kids we dream and plan for things we want to do in our future. As adults sometimes our plans change and sometimes they don't.
When I was a kid my "dream" was to go to college and become a private detective, at least that's what I told people but my true dream was to be able to be a stay at home mom.
However with the way I was raised with my father I knew I only wanted to be a mom but not get married. After all no man was going to control me so I tossed my stay at home mom dream aside in favor of nothing really.
Now here I am 26 years after first declaring I was going to college and I am married to a wonderful man (who does NOT try to control me), have 2 wonderful sons and to top it off I'm a stay at home mom.
All that to say this. God did not honor "my" dreams or plans I had for myself as a child but his plans. He is the one who placed the dream in my heart so therefore he honored our dream.
Like it says I know the plans I have for you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
My future is in raising my family to the best of my ability. God did that for me. God placed it in my heart as a child to be a stay at home mom and despite all I have been through and wrong paths God does honor the plans he has for us.

No comments: