Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Emotional bullying

My son has been bullied emotionally for months now and today I guess I finally had enough and let the kid know how we see things he is doing and how it's going to be. The funny thing is he and my son used to be best friends but now this kid only wants to come over on nights when my son goes to church so he (this kid) can play video games. Before anyone gets mad at me for "telling off" an 11 year old kid I have been saying things to his mom for at least 2 months and it's apparent she doesn't care. She all but ignores me when I ask her to talk to him and let me know what's going on. I have even asked her to let me know if my son did something to her son to cause this and nothing so obviously he didn't. I see this every morning at the bus stop and I don't want to embarass my son but how can any mother just stand by and let her son be bullied? I don't know about you but I can't and I won't. Also as a side note I did apologize to this kid and told him I am sorry if I hurt his feelings but I can not just sit by and let him do the things he does.
Around here if you show up to play with my kids you are considered family and I will protect you and treat you the same as I will my own flesh and blood so for me to tell him this stuff was pretty much my way of telling him I care about him and he needs to think about what he's doing before he grows up and does it to the wrong people.

When I went to pick the boys up today this kid asked me if I could go in and tell his grandma the number for his mom to call the church to be able to ride the van. Really kid because your mom told me 2 months ago she prefers that you ride with us but trust me I am 100% ok with you riding the van.  There is only 3 more weeks of this program and for once I am grateful. Maybe this all is a part of our prayer for God to show our kids who their true friends are. I can only pray.

No comments: